About Me
- cool kel
- My name is Kelly. I am majoring in Music Therapy. I play both the clarinet and guitar. I enjoy sports, music and art. I have one sister. I own two cats and one dog.
How to master College
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Why the 2008 Elections are Important to Me
Throughout my early childhood, I have never cared much about the elections. My parents used to watch the elections on T.V. all the time and I would not sit in and watch it with them. Now, I have a lot of thoughts about our elections and about who will be selected. The 2008 election is extremely important to me. This election is important to me because I am now caring about the decisions that are made in our nation. I am caring about the acts that are being passed to help our economy. I am caring about the resources that the people in our nation are using. I am caring about how the choices that we make and how they could effect our future and the future of life on earth. My fear is if our nation mistakenly chooses a bad president. To me, the presedent that is selected must recognize the problems that our nation is faceing. He must recognize the global warming crisis that is going on and he must recognize the high cost of food and gas. I don't want to pay over 60 dollars for gas after college when I could be paying under 40. I also don't want to see polar bears become extinct or the artic Ice which has been around for hundreds of years melt alway. These disisions that he makes will greatly effect our future. It is best to choose a presedent that will make the best decisions. This way, the horrible events that could occur later on in our lives will not. We could still save our nation. We just have to change how we live our lives. It is very critical that the presedent recognizes that we are living on scarce resources. All it takes is one creature to become extinct or one dependent recourse to dissapear for the occurance of a disaster. Thats why the 2008 elections are extremely important in my point of view.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Bravo Kelly! This was very well written! *claps*
Yes, I agree! We are living rich lives with scarce resources. It is scary.
Post a Comment