About Me

My name is Kelly. I am majoring in Music Therapy. I play both the clarinet and guitar. I enjoy sports, music and art. I have one sister. I own two cats and one dog.

How to master College

Monday, October 6, 2008

Test taking Stragegies and what I learned

There are many ways that I am thinking about studying for my IDC midterm. My first stategie would be to find a quiet place to study. The place that I think would be best is the library. This way I would have no distractions and I would be able to get my work done at a quicker rate. Next, I would reccomend being around some place where I could get help if I had a question. That would also be the library. The people that work there are always able to assist me with work. They might even be able to help me answer a question. The next way that I could study would be with a friend or someone that is in the class. This way both of us would be able to answer questions that we each have and we would have a better understanding for what materials are going to be on the test. We would also be able to get the studying done at a quicker rate.
In this semester, I have learned that the workload in college is continuous. It is best to get your work done as quickly as possibe. You never know when something new is going to pop up. Aspecially, if you are a music major, you can't percrastinate. I have also learned that it is best to take as many notes as you can and write down all of your assignments in your planner. Notes are always something that you can refer back to when studying for a test or quiz. Another thing that I have learned is to ask for help whenever you get the chance. You never know when you would run into a problem later on so it is best to get that help now. Last, I have learned that it is best to keep everything organized and neat. It would be hard to get homework done if it can't be found or if your desk is to cluttered. Neatness is very crucial to life in College.

3 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

I definitely agree about not procrastinating! There's no time to waste time! Great post Kelly!

Leah Jade said...

Man, I wish I was organized. All my stuff is packed away in a pile and its hard to find anything. Maybe you can teach me some of those organizational skills.

TwinFish said...

I know where everything is in my room... but no one else does ^.^
I only just got to where I can sing the triads correctly. I like the ways you plan to study, you will do fine.