About Me

My name is Kelly. I am majoring in Music Therapy. I play both the clarinet and guitar. I enjoy sports, music and art. I have one sister. I own two cats and one dog.

How to master College

Monday, September 8, 2008

Organizations that I would like to get involved in.

- In converse, there are a bunch of organizations that I would like to get involved in. I would like to get involved in the Daniel's leadership program, The Campus Crusade for Christ, the South Carolina student legislature, the project serve all campus meeting, the Canterbury of Spartanburg faith community for young adults, Delta, modeling, swim team, and the Equestrian team. But, what I can do is very limited just because I am a music major. I already know that I can't do the equestrian team just because it takes up so much time. Other things that I probably won't be able to do would be the Daniel's, leadership program, the South Carolina student legislature and the swim team. As far as i'm sure, I will be able to get involved in the rest of the organizations.
- I would say that these organizations do fit into my interests from high school. The organization that fits the most would be the swim team. I have done swimming in high school since the 9'th grade and have managed to stick with that sport all the way through high school. Another organization that I would like to do is water polo. The only problem for that is that Converse doesn't have a water polo team. Some people haven't even heard of the sport. It's sort of sad. Water polo is a great sport to get involved in.
- I also wold like to challenge myself to try something new. I have never tried the equestrian team, modeling and the South Carolina Student Legislature. These things that I have always wanted to try. I have always wanted to try the equestrian team because it involves riding horses and I have always enjoyed doing that. I wanted to try modeling because only because I have never done it before and am curious about what models do. I would like to try The South Carolina Student Legislature because I know that it will make me become a stronger leader and presenter. These are skills that I feel that I must have for the future. I also would like to try it because I like presenting stuff and bringing up strong points. For now that is everything that I would like to get involved in here at Converse.

1 comment:

Witney said...

Kelly, happy to hear there are lots of organizations that interest you. Be sure to not "tackle" too many in your first semester. You have four years to get involved, and truly identify what your passions are.