-I expect my first semester to be very busy, As a music major, I will be required to take about 8 classes if I am to graduate on time. Not only that, I will also have to practice all of my instruments for my major as well. So far, I am required to know the clarinet, guitar and piano. The clarinet and guitar are instruments that I already have down. The only instrument that don't know is piano. That means that I have to take a class that will teach me how to play the piano along with my other classes. For time spent practicing, it is recommended that I must spend at least thirty minutes on each instrument. Since I will have to know how to play all three instruments for my major, I will have to spend at least 1 hour and 30 minutes on each instrument. I will also have to know how to sing for my major. Right now, I am taking a musicianship class for that. The musicianship class covers something called sight singing. I will have to practice that as well along with my other instruments. Along with practicing and taking classes, I am required to have clarinet lessons to keep me up to date on my practicing. Clarinet is my major instrument so it is extremely important that I have these lessons.
-As far as for homework, I will have to take 6 classes that are based around my major and 2 that are required for every student. Those classes are English 101 and IDC. The English 101 is mostly an open discussion class where we discuss ways to prepare for future classes that will require a lot more work. I will also have to do blogs and an essay assignment. For IDC, I am expected to do a lot of reading. Than everyone in that class will have an open discussion about what the book is about. So far, thats all that I am doing in that class.
-Along with each class, I am given homework. One homework assignment from one class doesn't bother me that much. Its when I get one homework assignment from each class that I am taking. That is what has me worried the most. Each homework assignment takes about 30 minutes to an hour from each class. If I had 8 classes that gave out homework, I would be spending 8 hours per night on homework.
-As a music major, I am also required to watch a certain number of recitals per semester. The amount of recitals that I have to sit through for this semester is 20. I also have to attend 8 events this semester along with that.
- Last, I have to find time to shower, eat, clean my room and do my laundry. This stuff normally takes 30 minutes to an hour each. It is very important that I keep myself clean and organized. Plus, It would be very hard to handle college if everything is out of order or if you can't find an assignment that is due for a class in 10 minutes.
-Right now, my life outside school is very limited. I don't even have time to exercise. Thats why I expect everything in my first semester of college to be a challenge.
About Me
- cool kel
- My name is Kelly. I am majoring in Music Therapy. I play both the clarinet and guitar. I enjoy sports, music and art. I have one sister. I own two cats and one dog.
How to master College
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment